Exercise Physiologists are University qualified and Accredited Allied Health Professionals, who specialise in the assessment and delivery to prescribe individual and evidence based exercise and lifestyle behaviour modification programs for his or her needs and limitations.
An Exercise Physiologist is much more than an ordinary personal trainer in the gym.
We look and study how scientific research has shown us how it affects the physiological processes of our body during physical activity and exercise and we can focus this knowledge on developing a program to help with reducing and/or reversing disease and injury progression.
Health and risk assessments and exercise testing are completed during your first visit, for us to determine the specific direction for exercise prescription to best meet your individual needs.
As our population is increasing (especially our elderly population), Exercise Physiologists are in demand. With the choice of a modern lifestyle, many people do not have the time to exercise, which means a rise in treatable conditions; this is where we can help.
- Chronic disease management – osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, PTSD, cancer, obesity, asthma, diabetes and cardiovascular disease,
- Musculoskeletal conditions and injuries
- Sport specific strength and conditioning programs – biomechanics, fitness testing, strength and power development, speed and agility, flexibility and exercise skill and technique
- Work related injuries and rehabilitation programs
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Ergonomic and workplace assessments
- Falls prevention – “Stepping on” program
- Pulmonary group participation – “lungs in action” program
- Pilates specific rehabilitation programs
We have the best rehabilitation gym in the Port Macquarie Hastings Region!
Phyx You, Move You, Better You – 02 6584 5005