Our continence Physiotherapists provide quality management in the areas of continence and pelvic floor disorders; having further specialised training in assessment, diagnosis and management of pelvic floor dysfunction.
Incontinence is an embarrassing and inconvenient health condition that can make life miserable for both men and women of all ages.
Some of the signs of weak pelvic floor muscles include leaking urine when laughing or coughing, constantly feeling the urge to go to the toilet, not being able to control bowel movements and wind or prolapse.
- 1 in 3 women who have had a baby have weakened pelvic floor muscles
- 1 in 5 Australians affected by a bowel or bladder problem
- 1 in 10 men experience incontinence often associated with prostate problems
The good news is that pelvic floor fitness is a key factor in bowel and bladder health and has been proven to effectively prevent, treat and cure certain types of incontinence. A Pelvic Floor Exercise programme with a specialised Physio can enhance bladder control.
70% of those affected could be cured or better managed!!!
At Phyx You Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation we provide Pelvic Floor Assessment and Rehabilitation for Women of all ages including the following:
• Pelvic floor muscle weakness and dysfunction
1. Urinary (stress, urge, mixed)
4. Voiding dysfunction
5. Bedwetting – adults and children
• Bowel Assessment and Managment
1. Faecal incontinence
2. Constipation & straining
3. Defaecation difficulties
Women’s Health – promoting health & well being for women of all ages.
• Pre and post gynaecological surgery
1.Assessment, management and prevention
2.Pre and post prolapse surgery – recovery programmes
• Pelvic pain
1. Assessment and treatment
4. Pain with intercourse
5. Pelvic floor hypertonicity
1. Pelvic floor assessment and education
2. Preparing the pelvic floor and perineum for birth
3. Post natal pelvic floor check
We have the best rehabilitation gym in the Port Macquarie Hastings Region!
Phyx You, Move You, Better You – 02 6584 5005